Client Pains: The New Mexico Department of Transportation needed to compile an updated strategic planning document for the upcoming fiscal year. The document would contain elements from individuals across at least 4 divisions, so they needed to ensure the document had a smooth, consistent voice. Lastly, there were formatting and layout issues in the prior year's strategic plan that needed to be fixed.
Our Value-Based Solution: We worked onsite and virtually with the Department to review previous printed versions of the strategic planning document, the content to be included in the new version, and the electronic layout to be used. We completed all of the following:
- Organized materials into a logical order and generated an initial table of contents
- Created a style sheet outlining font types, font sizes, and colors to be used throughout
- Edited content as needed to ensure a consistent voice was used throughout the document
- Resized and aligned images, tables, and figures to create a more pleasing page layout
- Laid out the 50-page document within Adobe PageMaker while adhering to the stylesheet