Client Pains: Human Resource Management Association of New Mexico (HRMA) is a volunteer-based organization with a large board. We made the prior version of their site 5 years ago. Since then, their membership and event procedures have changed as a result of the changes in leadership. The site software and workflows needed to be updated to match these changes. Also, the site needed to allow the busy board members to quickly get in and get what they need. Their members were interested in seeing a more intuitive site that would allow them to login, register for events, renew membership, and get to information quickly overall. All of these needs would require a more contemporary design that also was mobile-friendly.
Our Value-Based Solution: We worked with the HRMA Board Web Team to create a strategy for the HRMA Website design, membership database, and information architecture. Then, we updated the internal workflow and automated many of the features that used to require manual, human intervention. We freshened the coloring of the logo we created for them previously and applied it to the new clean, functional, mobile-friendly theme we designed. Also, we created the new menu structure and identified how the content would be presented.
Some of the functionality we created includes:
- Each event is posted one time and appears in multiple places on the site automatically
- Members have a MyHRMA Dashboard that greets them upon login and in other key areas to show their membership status
- Discounted event registrations can be purchased and tracked as part of membership (previously this was completed offline)
- Member and non-member resources are clearly identified making the benefits of membership more obvious
- Separate News and Blog areas to allow the board to post community and industry topics